The toman diaries

TV in Suse 9.2

...is easy. I just installed a modem in a guys new PC, but to do that I had to remove the TV-card it came with, all PCI slots were taken. I'm just off the phone with the guy, he cant get the modem working at his place either (and we couldn't here), but the point is: I got to borrow the TV-card (Asus [something] 7133 FM/TV) to see if it would work under Linux, or more specifically, on the old PC (The new PC's gfx-card wasn't really up to it, hanging all the time, so it is currently in the repair state.)

So.. Its easy. After installing the Yast TV module, I just ran yast tv, and it detected the card, installed firmware (at least it said it did) and allowed me to scan for stations. So I did, and it cought the names of all the channels who send their name too.

Only problem: the PC is too slow for the image to show(I get the first few frames and it hangs), so I get only sound in kdetv. Oddly Kdetv wanted to scan for stations itself, and I allowed it to, but it didn't catch the stations names. I have sound though :)

Update

Image DOES work, just not with kdetv in its default settings. Using xawtv worked brilliantly :) Still working in getting fulscreen to work properly though. It now only has 800x600 px resolution in my 1024x768 monitor, resulting in black borders.

This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?