The toman diaries

Learning how to compute

I just read an article on newsforge where a sysadmin is telling the story of his three year old grand-daughter learning linux.

It was a fun read, not only because I like to hear success-stories about Linux, but also becuse it reminded me of my first steps on my brothers first computer, a commodore 128 (I never got one myself). While I don't remember how I started things, how I saved things, or how I did almost anything, I remember how I was so facinated that I could do something, I could make something (draw houses, boats and cars at that time).

This is what the story above is about, a three-year old learning how to draw images and play games. On Suse Linux 9.0.

So who is growing up, Linux or the kid?

This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?